WE HOPE TO BE
“CAPTURING HUMANITY AND CELEBRATING DIGNITY”
IN ALL THAT WE DO.
There is a clear distinction between the mission of GoPhilanthropic Travel and mainstream Voluntourism. Learning and listening are at the core of our trips as opposed to “doing for.”
The mission of each of our journeys is to provide a platform for global learning. Our trips are guided by the principles of enhancing a greater UNDERSTANDING and RESPECT for the communities and individuals visited. We offer small organizations a platform to share their inspiring work with a broader international community.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO
- Entering into the visits with an openness to “listen, and learn” instead of “serve and solve”
- Being respectful: to culture, tradition and dignity while visiting
- Adhering to our photo policy which support an individual’s right to privacy
- Providing various educational opportunities and discussions relating to a region’s culture, traditions, history, current societal and environmental challenges
- Supporting GoPhilanthropic Foundation’s philosophy of encouraging empowerment and self-sufficiency with non-profits
- Utilizing the experiences generated on trip as a catalyst for positive change
WHAT WE DON’T DO
- Enter into our visits assuming we have answers
- Use pictures and video without permission
- Give gifts, money, candy indiscriminately
- Ask children questions regarding personal histories or backgrounds
- Intrude or disrupt the daily routine of partner programs
Some GoPhilanthropic travelers are existing donors to GoPhilanthropic Foundation. Others are new to our community. During the trip, travelers have the opportunity to learn about the most critical needs within each organization and to contribute to the support the foundation is providing. While donations are not required, it is our hope that people feel inspired to join efforts in strengthening the work of these important NGOs, through knowledge and/or resources.
Once home, most of our travelers are motivated to continue to deepen the connections made, through further involvement with the GoPhilanthropic Community, fundraising, returning for more in-depth visits or hosting events.